Stories posted are written by National news Journalists, not by this blog
Our Blog Tips

Man found dead in Huber Heights was a sex offender

9-15-2016 Ohio:

HUBER HEIGHTS — The man found dead in Huber Heights this week was a sex offender who frequently neglected to register, court records and county officials confirmed Thursday.

Brian Wallace Moore, 34, was identified as the body found by a pedestrian on a lunchtime walk Tuesday on Wildcat Road, north of Kellenburger Road. Huber Heights Police are investigating the death as “suspicious” and coroner’s officials said a toxicology report will take six-to-eight weeks to complete, leaving the cause of death as “pending.”

“This is definitely a different case,” said Huber Heights Sgt. Charles Taylor, who asked for the community to call police with any information. “We’ll be turning over every stone we possibly can to figure out what happened.”

Court records from the Fifth Appellate District in Richland County characterize Moore as a “habitual sex offender,” although most of his seven trips to state prison were related to his failure to incorrectly register or change his address.

Moore was required to register as a sex offender once a year for 20 years following a judgment in August 2001 and entered state prison in June 2002 on a charge of corruption of a minor in Huron County.

Ohio Department of Rehabilitation and Correction officials said he was released on parole in December 2002, but he returned to prison in June 2005 for failure to register as a sex offender in Montgomery County. He was released in December of that year.

In April 2009, Moore returned to prison for failure to notify officials of a change of address in Richland County. He left prison a month later, but returned in June 2009 for theft in Crawford County. He was then released in November 2009.

In 2012, Moore told the Richland County Sheriff’s Office he left an address in Shiloh and was homeless. He was told of the need to register in-person by a certain date if residency was established. When that date came, Moore sent a message to the office stating he was having surgery — a claim court records said was unfounded.

Then in October 2012, Dayton Police found a stolen 1995 black Chevrolet Lumina with a driver, identified as Moore, and two passengers. Police later testified Moore had been selling scrap metal with a female companion in town. Later that day, another Dayton officer checking nuisance abated properties on the 700 block of Xenia Avenue found Moore and a woman crouching inside the back of the closet.

Moore returned to prison three times between 2012 and 2016 for failure to notify authorities of changes of address in Richland and Lorain counties, state officials said.

Most recently, he was released on parole on Aug. 31. He remained on the state’s registry of parolees Thursday.

Moore was represented by Elyria-based court-appointed attorney Nicholas Hanek most recently in November, before he returned to prison in January. He was unaware Moore is deceased.

“I haven’t been in touch with him since the end of the case,” he said.

Family members of Moore declined or were unavailable to speak publicly with media Thursday. ..Source.. by Will Garbe

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated, please keep to the issue of the post, as we are trying to have an intelligent, relevant discussion which develops the post. Much appreciated.